Thursday 31 October 2013

Love, Lipstick and Lies by Katie Price: Review

Love, Lipstick and Lies by Katie Price
 When Was It Released?:  24th October 2013
Where Did I Get It From?: From Netgalley. Thank you!
Who Published It?: Century
Number Of Pages?: 336 Pages
Buy?:Paperback or Kindle

The last three years of Katie Price's life have been as dramatic as ever. From the highly publicised divorce from Alex Reid to the romance and split from Leandro Penna, and a whirlwind marriage and surprise pregnancy with Kieran Hayler, Katie has been through a lot of changes. And that's just her love life.
Katie has also dealt with increasingly bitter disputes with first husband Peter Andre and her former manager, as well as her public spats with comedian Frankie Boyle, who made offensive comments about her son Harvey, and Kelly Brook, over her dalliance with Danny Cipriani.
Despite her personal life being played out in the public arena, Katie remains true to her heart by always speaking her mind and living life to the full. This fifth installment of Katie's roller-coaster life provides intimate access to her side of all the stories with her own special brand of humour, compassion and total honesty.


I have been a big fan of Katie Price ever since her days of only being known only as Jordan. When her first autobiography was released I remember buying it, reading it and loving it. I admire her as a successful business woman and an amazing mother, but I have to admit I am also very intrigued by her relationships which usually seem to end quite badly. Since her first autobiography ‘Being Jordan’ I have to admit I haven’t read any of her others so when I received my copy of Love, Lipstick and Lies I couldn’t wait to dive in.
While Love, Lipstick and Lies is 400 pages long, I have to admit that it seemed a lot shorter when reading it. This could be due to the pictures that are included, which sadly seem to be missing from the kindle version so I was unable to look at these. So I would recommend that if you are interested in the pictures then buy the paperback so you are disappointed. I enjoyed reading about Katie’s life, especially in terms of her relationships, her life as a mother to her four children and her businesses. 
The problem with this autobiography was that if you are up to date on all Katie Price news then there will really be nothing new in the book.  There is a lot about the ending of her relationship with Pete, her volatile and shocking relationship with Alex, her whirlwind romance with Leo, her encounters with Danny Ciprani and her new marriage to Kieran all of which has been vastly covered in the press. This was fine with me as I am no longer really one for reading gossip magazines but if you are then you will probably know the whole story already. I also felt at times that there is a lot of self promotion in this book while she is talking about her different businesses and all the ranges. It was interesting to read about the businesses to begin with but I soon felt as though I was reading an advertisement instead of a book.
Overall, I really enjoyed reading Love Lipstick and Lies, and catching up on all that has been going on in the world of Katie Price. It was a very interesting read but I do wonder whether Katie has enough material to keep writing her autobiographies at the rate she has been doing.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment